This post has been a long-time coming! I promised this to some of the sweetest girls in town. So sweet, that they were all my Valentine’s Day dates!
So, on the menu was Spaghetti Carbonara. Best served in Italy, but second best with some close friends! You can’t top the conversation and SNL viewing-time we had though…
Without further adieu, here is the recipe:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces (8 slices) bacon, cut 1 inch thick crosswise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Set a large pot of water to boil (for pasta). In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 12 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Salt boiling water generously; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and half-and-half. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, leaving some water clinging to it. Working quickly, add hot pasta to egg mixture. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper, and toss all to combine (heat from pasta will cook eggs). Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese.
I had a couple of changes to these directions:
*Chop and saute an onion in the bacon drippings (no one said this was healthy).
*Add the onions and most of the drippings to the pasta when you pour in the egg mixture.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Spaghetti Carbonara – Martha Stewart Recipes